Do you have a preschooler who loves to color and needs to practice number recognition? These free Thanksgiving color by number sheets are perfect for learning number recognition while also building small hand muscles and having fun!
These printable color by number Thanksgiving pages are a wonderful addition to a preschool Thanksgiving unit or a hands-on math activity for your preschooler.
They are even great for older kids- kindergarten to 2nd graders- who just love to color!
They are the perfect activity to give your preschooler and a great way to help learn about the first Thanksgiving- while also learning their numbers!
Simply print out the Thanksgiving color by number pages and you have an easy activity ready to go!
Download Your Free Thanksgiving Color By Number Printable
Kids love coloring and color by number worksheets- but they’re not just busywork. Color by number pages are a great educational tool for preschoolers too! Even my 7 year old still loves to do color by numbers.
In this free printable Thanksgiving color by number download you’ll get 11 different Thanksgiving designs including a turkeys, pumpkins, pilgrims, Native Americans, and more. Each design is numbered with numbers 1-7 which corresponds with a color listed at the top of the page.
Here’s some what you’ll find inside this printable Thanksgiving color by number download:
How to Use the Thanksgiving Color By Number Worksheets
Here are just a few ways you can use these Thanksgiving color by number pages with your preschooler or young child (or your classroom!):
- To help practice number recognition
- To help practice reading color words. These are important sight words for young readers!
- Car ride activity- just add a clipboard and a box of crayons and you’ve got yourself a screen free activity to pass the time! This is great for that long trip to Grandmas house on Thanksgiving!
- As a stress-relieving activity for you or your child. The act of coloring is great for reducing anxiety!
- To occupy little hands when they have to wait ( doctor appointments, dentist, early finishers, etc.)
- As part of a Thanksgiving unit or holiday party in your preschool, classroom, or homeschool.
- To fill a math center in your classroom/homeschool. Just print off the Thanksgiving color by number sheets and keep them on hand for whenever your child needs a quick math activity.
Basically anything you can think of- just add crayons, markers, pens, color pencils and you’ve got yourself a quick and easy activity for your preschooler or toddler!
Coloring by number isn’t just busy work, it’s also great for developing skills such as:
- Fine motor skills
- Number recognition
- Following directions
- Visual motor skills
Ready to download the Thanksgiving color by number pages? Click the image or link below to download the coloring book to your device and get started coloring!
You are free to use these pages for personal use at home or in the classroom. Please don’t share the file, but if you’d like to share the Thanksgiving color by number pages with friends, please forward this page to them so that they can download the file themselves. This coloring book may not be used in any commercial fashion.
And don’t forget that Thanksgiving is all about being thankful! It’s also the perfect time to really focus on manner and making sure your child is good at saying please and thank you!
Looking for more Thanksgiving activities and printables? Check these out:
Or check out these other coloring pages: