Do you have a preschooler who loves to color and needs to practice number recognition? These free Christmas color by number sheets are perfect for learning number recognition while also building small hand muscles and having fun!
What child doesn’t love Christmas time? But sometimes the holiday season can get busy and overwhelming- and coloring is the perfect slow-down activity!
These printable color by number Christmas pages are a wonderful addition to a preschool Christmas unit or a hands-on math activity for your preschooler.
Simply print out the Christmas color by number pages and you have an easy activity ready to go!
Download Your Free Christmas Color By Number Printable
Kids love coloring and color by number worksheets- but they’re not just busywork. Color by number pages are a great educational tool for preschoolers too!
Even my 7 year old still loves to color- especially color by numbers!
In this free printable Christmas color by number download you’ll get 8 different Christmas designs including Santa, a penguin, sleigh, Christmas trees, and more. Each design is numbered with numbers 1-7 which corresponds with a color listed at the top of the page.
Here’s some what you’ll find inside this printable Christmas color by number download:
How to Use the Christmas Color By Number Worksheets
Here are just a few ways you can use these Christmas color by number pages with your preschooler or young child (or your classroom!):
- To help practice number recognition
- To help practice reading color words- these are important sight words for kids to learn!
- Car ride activity- just add a clipboard and a box of crayons and you’ve got yourself a screen free activity to pass the time! These coloring pages are perfect for that long trip to Grandma’s house at Christmastime!
- As a stress-relieving activity for you or your child. The act of coloring is great for reducing anxiety!
- To occupy little hands when they have to wait ( doctor appointments, dentist, early finishers, etc)
- As part of a Christmas unit or holiday party in your preschool, classroom, or homeschool.
- To fill a math center in your classroom/homeschool. Just print off the Christmas color by number sheets and keep them on hand for whenever your child needs a quick math activity.
Basically anything you can think of- just add crayons, markers, pens, color pencils and you’ve got yourself a quick and easy activity for your preschooler or toddler!
Coloring by number isn’t just busy work, it’s also great for developing skills such as:
- Fine motor skills
- Number recognition
- Following directions
- Visual motor skills
Ready to download the Christmas color by number pages? Click the image or link below to download the book to your device and get started coloring!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE CHRISTMAS COLOR BY NUMBER PAGES
You are free to use these pages for personal use at home or in the classroom. Please don’t share the file, but if you’d like to share the Christmas color by number pages with friends, please forward this page to them so that they can download the file themselves. This coloring book may not be used in any commercial fashion.
Once you’re done with these color by numbers, head on over and print out these Winter Color by Number pages to try too!
Looking for more Christmas activities? Check these out:
14 Free Printable Christmas Lists (PDF Download!)
7 Free Christmas Acrostic Poems (Printable PDF Download)
Christmas Word Scramble Puzzles
28 Yummy & Healthy Preschool Christmas Party Snacks
39 Christmas Countdown Activities for Kids and Families
9 Fun Advent Calendar Ideas for Kids this Christmas Season
21 Holiday Traditions for Families to Create a Memorable Christmas
Or check out these other coloring pages:
9 Free Christmas Elf Coloring Pages for Kids
7 Free Christmas Stocking Coloring Pages for Kids
Dinosaur Color By Number Pages
Cute Owl Coloring Pages for Kids
They’re very useful! My students love them! Thank you for sharing!