Do you have a preschooler who loves to color and needs to practice number recognition? These free winter color by number sheets are perfect for learning number recognition while also building small hand muscles and having fun!
Kids love winter- mostly because of the prospect of snow and all the holidays. But sometimes winter can get overwhelming for kids. With lots of holidays, the cold weather, and the school break, kids can feel like it’s all too much and need some ready made activities to help them through the days.
These printable winter color by number worksheets are a wonderful addition to a preschool winter unit or a hands-on math activity for your preschooler.
Simply print out the winter color by number pages and you have an easy activity ready to go!
Download Your Free Winter Color By Number Worksheets
Kids love coloring and color by number worksheets- but they’re not just busywork. Color by number pages are a great educational tool for preschoolers too!
Even my 7 year old still loves to color- especially color by numbers!
In this free printable winter color by number download you’ll get 8 different winter designs including Santa, a penguin, snowflake, snowman, and more. Each design is numbered with numbers which corresponds with a color listed at the top of the page.
Your child will find joy coloring the picture and watching the image appear!
How to Use the Winter Color By Number Page with Your Child
Here are just a few ways you can use these winter color by number pages with your preschooler or young child (or your classroom!):
- To help practice number recognition
- To help practice reading color words- these are important sight words for kids to learn!
- As a stress-relieving activity for you or your child. The act of coloring is great for reducing anxiety!
- To occupy little hands when they have to wait ( doctor appointments, dentist, early finishers, etc.)
- Car ride activity- just add a clipboard and a box of crayons and you’ve got yourself a screen free activity to pass the time! These coloring pages are perfect for that long trip to Grandma’s house at Christmastime!
- To fill a math center in your classroom/homeschool. Just print off the winter color by number sheets and keep them on hand for whenever your child needs a quick math activity.
- As part of a winter unit or holiday celebration in your preschool, classroom, or homeschool.
Basically anything you can think of- just add crayons, markers, pens, color pencils and you’ve got yourself a quick and easy activity for your preschooler or toddler!
Coloring by number isn’t just busy work, it’s also great for developing skills such as:
- Fine motor skills- coloring helps develop small muscles!
- Number recognition- an important pre-math skill!
- Following directions
- Visual motor skills
Plus, it’s just fun!
Ready to download your winter color by number worksheets? Just click below!
You are free to use these pages for personal use at home or in the classroom. Please don’t share the file, but if you’d like to share the winter color by number pages with friends, please forward this page to them so that they can download the file themselves. This coloring book may not be used in any commercial fashion.
Once you’ve colored all of these color by numbers, you can print out these Christmas Color by Number pages to try too!
Looking for more winter or holiday printables? Check these out: